The LGA's associate membership scheme is open to organisations whose purpose and priorities align with those of the LGA. Associate membership is non-voting, with subscription levels based on the size of the organisation.
Corporate associate membership is also available to other membership bodies wishing to join on behalf of a number of organisations.
The LGA's membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. All applications for associate membership must be approved by the LGA Leadership Board.
Any Town Council or Parish Council seeking membership with the LGA should do so via NALC (National Association of Local Councils). Please contact Chris Borg, Policy and Development Manager: 020 7637 1865 / [email protected]
Benefits of membership
Associate members of the LGA are entitled to:
- Access the member-only area of the LGA website
- Sign up to receive policy papers, on-the-day briefings
- Attend paid events at membership rates and free LGA events
- Access to relevant contacts (subject to data protection)
- Online employment guidance and workforce consultancy support at reduced cost
Subscription levels for Associate members of the LGA are based on th size of the organisation.
- Under 10 employees: £2,500
- 10 - 100 employees: £5,000
- 100 - 250 employees: £7,500
- 250 - 750 employees: £10,000
- 750 plus employees: £12,000 - £20,000
- Other membership bodies: £2,000 per organisation represented
Corporate subscriptions for local, regional and national membership organisations can be renegotiated depending on the number and size of organisations represented.