Information and guidance on how to make an honours nomination.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is interested in people who are working or volunteering in their community. They could be working with the homeless or in housing more widely, supporting community integration and interfaith work, or working in local government over an extended period to achieve the council’s local ambitions.
You will need to supply the following information about your candidate to nominate them for an Honour:
- home address
- telephone number (home or work)
- email address (home or work)
- date of birth
- 500 words of text about your candidate
- at least two letters of support.
MHCLG is offering training opportunities to help you get the best from the Honours system.
The available dates are:
- 21 August – 10.30am – 12.00pm
- 24 August – 11.00am – 12.30pm
- 26 August – 2pm – 3.30
- 28 August – 3.00pm – 4.30pm
- 1 September – 10.30am – 12.00pm
- 3 September – 2.00pm – 3.30pm
- 17 September – 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Training will take place via Microsoft Teams; joining instructions will be sent before the event. If you would like a bespoke session for your organisation or would prefer to use a different platform, please email [email protected]