Expand your political leadership skills with our free e-learning platform for councillors.
If you're a councillor, completing our e-learning modules will deepen your knowledge of local government and help you to build the leadership skills you need to work effectively with your communities.
You can use the platform to create a bespoke learning programme – choosing the modules most relevant to your individual needs and interests, and fitting your learning around all your other commitments.
We offer the following e-learning modules:
- Audit committees (an introduction)
- Biodiversity for councils
- Building safety
- Children’s Services
- Commissioning council services
- Community engagement and leadership
- Corporate parenting
- Councillor Code of Conduct
- Councillor induction
- Economic development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Facilitation and conflict resolution
- Handling intimidation
- Holding council meetings online
- Influencing skills
- Licensing for councillors
- Local government finance
- Performance management
- Police and crime panels
- Scrutiny for councillors
- Stress management and personal resilience
- Supporting mentally healthier communities
- Supporting your constituents with complex issues
- The effective ward councillor
- UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you have any questions about our e-learning platform, please email us at [email protected]