A range of officer development opportunities.
The next generation of local government will be leading through unprecedented times and councils have a vital role play in building civil society:
- making tough decisions
- devolving power to local people
- promoting fairness and tackling inequality.
As the role of councils is rapidly changing, so to is that of our officers, managers and chief executives. To support the leadership capacity of these professionals now and in the future our offer focuses particularly on ensuring:
- the brightest and best graduates are encouraged and supported into the sector
- those leading our local authorities are offered, joint political and managerial development opportunities; stretching their knowledge and capability to effectively lead across place, together.
- LGA and Solace Group managerial leadership programmes
- IGNITE - a Solace leadership programme for chief executives
- Refocusing commercial activity impacted by COVID-19
- National Graduate Development Programme
- Leading Edge
The LGA's Leading Edge area of work focuses on the critical interface between elected leaders and senior officers; challenging them to consider the key issues facing councils, communities and the wider public sector.
- Local Government Challenge
LG Challenge is an annual competition for local government officers to take part in a series of real-life challenges hosted by local authorities across the country and compete for a 10k scholarship.